1. Visit the Tate Gallery
2. Collect newspaper or magazine reviews of exhibitions at the Tate Galleries and make a classroom display over the next few months.
3. Find out where your nearest public art gallery is and whether it has been endowed by anyone, or whether any of its paintings have been donated by benefactors. Try to visit it.
4. Find out more about Henry Tate and look at the Tate and Lyle web site: http://www.tate-lyle.co.uk/
5. The new Tate gallery at Bankside will display paintings by 20 century artists including Francis Bacon, Jackson Pollock, Mark Rothko and Andy Warhol. Find out more about these painters :
6. Collect newspaper reports of prominent people giving money to good
causes and make a classroom display over the next few months.